View topic - Winter euro perch again in DK! Where? - Discussion forum and board - Global FlyFisher

GFF logo

Winter euro perch again in DK! Where?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Global FlyFisher forum frontpage -> Fly fishing - Fish Better
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rodney

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 12:18 pm    Post subject: Winter euro perch again in DK! Where? Reply with quote
I am once again in Denmark, but Martin's latest blog entry is not something I wanted to read on my first day! Laughing Anyway, last year I posted Flyfishing for perch and the responses on technique and fly patterns were very helpful. Thanks once to those who contributed. Beside targeting sea trout in some of the planned future outings, I want to fish for these spiny critters again, simply because I think they are quite interesting to look at. The last couple of seasons we've focused mainly on fishing at Tryggevaelle River, so I would like to give some other waters a try this year. Anyone wants to recommend a lake/slough/river/brackish water around Eastern Denmark?

For those who are interested in an update from BC, Canada. We had a fantastic fall salmon season this year, especially on the coho salmon. My girlfriend Nina came over in early November and caught her first ever coho salmon, and it just happened to be one of the biggest coho salmon that I have ever seen. It will be very hard to beat this one in the rest of her fishing days. Wink

Some other photos that I really like from the last three months.

Enjoy.

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Martin Joergensen
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Winter euro perch again in DK! Where? Reply with quote
Rodney wrote:
The last couple of seasons we've focused mainly on fishing at Tryggevaelle River, so I would like to give some other waters a try this year. Anyone wants to recommend a lake/slough/river/brackish water around Eastern Denmark?

Actually Tryggen is probably way better for perch than a lot of other places you can go. Another shot could be one on the salty inlakes or fjords such as Karrebaeksminde Fjord or Praestoe Fjord. But you will need a boat to fish them as well as any lake you might fancy.

I would be pleased to join you wherever if I have the time for it.

Martin

Rodney

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sounds good Martin. Nina and I are going tomorrow. Wink I'm up for it anyday really, since I am working mostly night-time here (daytime in Vancouver). I think Vanuz would like to go too after our outing last December. Smile Anyway, we'll report back tomorrow if there are some catches.
vanuz

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Rodney wrote:
Sounds good Martin. Nina and I are going tomorrow. Wink I'm up for it anyday really, since I am working mostly night-time here (daytime in Vancouver). I think Vanuz would like to go too after our outing last December. Smile Anyway, we'll report back tomorrow if there are some catches.

Hi Rod, sure I´ll come and give it a try - as soon as I get over my lazy period that I have had for last few weeks Smile Grey, grey, grey weather, no signs of fish... Mad

Martin Joergensen
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Rodney wrote:
Sounds good Martin. Nina and I are going tomorrow. Wink

Let's hear how you did.

I went by the St. Vejl Aa today and there were hordes of anglers fishing for perch with bait - and obviously catching as many as they wanted... I watched for 10 minutes and one couple of guys had a take every minute or two. Not big fish, but a lot of them. Buth there were probably more than 20 anglers fishing right by the sluice that opens the stream into the salt. Too many for my taste:

Martin

Rodney

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well... No one at Trygg today, and apparently no fish too. Laughing Rolling Eyes The weather was pretty nice! Sunny, somewhat mild, and CALM! Anyway, no taps on the flies, a ambitious northern pike decided that my small spinner was good enough to eat, but I managed to long-line release it after horsing it out of the weeds. I then managed to foul-hook a poor bream, thinking that it was my biggest pike on the line. Laughing Water was flowing quite fast downstream compared to other times we've been there.

We went over to St. Vejl Aa once last winter and Nina didn't like it that much, mostly because of the crowding. I am not so fond of livebait fishing, used to do it in Australia but find it kind of a waste especially if it is a catch and release fishery.

Anyway, the weather looks good for the entire coming week. I'm available to go with a couple of days notice. Wink email me at info@fishingwithrod.com

vanuz

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 10:51 pm    Post subject: rod Reply with quote
Rodney wrote:

We went over to St. Vejl Aa once last winter and Nina didn't like it that much, mostly because of the crowding.

- one should really be lucky to get booked into this crowd on weekends (yep, you need booking, unless not a member of the local fishing club). Nevertheless, I also found that place off my interest.

Rodney wrote:
Anyway, the weather looks good for the entire coming week. I'm available to go with a couple of days notice. Wink email me at info@fishingwithrod.com

- well, I´ll be working all week long, but the week& is open and free. Only interested in perch?

Rodney

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:55 pm    Post subject: Re: rod Reply with quote
vanuz wrote:
well, I´ll be working all week long, but the week& is open and free. Only interested in perch?

Oops, I forgot that normal people work on weekdays. Laughing Sea trout on the beach would be fun too, but all we fish for back home are salmonids so some other spiny ray species are always interesting to catch instead when I go away somewhere. Wink I find that you really have to be an optimist to fish for sea trout here. Yesterday we spent five hours up and down the Southern Zealand coast with no fish to show, plus a very leaky pair of waders. Crying or Very sad

Lovely day and coast for photos though.

Perhaps we should pan out a date for an outing to Trygg River? My suggestion would be December 22nd, 27th, or 28th. Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Global FlyFisher forum frontpage -> Fly fishing - Fish Better All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: