View topic - Flyfishing @ Hornbæk - Discussion forum and board - Global FlyFisher

GFF logo

Flyfishing @ Hornbæk

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Global FlyFisher forum frontpage -> Fly fishing - Fish Better
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Guttormsen

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:45 am    Post subject: Flyfishing @ Hornbæk Reply with quote
So I went fly-fishing for 3 nights the past week from around 19:00 – 22:30 (Danish time) for seatrouts, I’m a newbie and went to the southern part of Hornbæk Plantage, since I live in Helsingør, there were a mix of overcast and clear skies on all occasions, the water was a bit unclear, fairly low tide and not much wind. I tried Magnus, polar Magnus and Autumn Fly tied with white STF-dubbing.

No fish at all, any suggestions on flies or better sites to fish in Nordsjælland? Thanks
Olle Bulder

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I caught mine with orange patterns and you could try further up north of hornbaek. See my previous posting.
Guttormsen

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 9:31 am    Post subject: Still no fish Reply with quote
So got up this morning, bright and early at 03:00, beautiful day, lovely sunrise, - but still no sea trout… I have now been fishing morning and evening, and still no catch, arghhhhhh.
Are water temperature to high (15 degrees Celsius)?

Regards
Peter
TorbenDam

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I spent some years in Esboenderup and some time at the shores up north. Try the Lighthouse at Gilleleje. You can park at the restaurant. Seatrout can be triggy this time of the year, but my best results came after sunset and using siluet flies. Seatrout are rare, but the Codfish are plenty.
Have fun
Tight lines!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Global FlyFisher forum frontpage -> Fly fishing - Fish Better All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: