View topic - How to fish streamers? - Discussion forum and board - Global FlyFisher

GFF logo

How to fish streamers?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Global FlyFisher forum frontpage -> Fly fishing - Fish Better
View previous topic :: View next topic  
David Williams

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:23 am    Post subject: How to fish streamers? Reply with quote
Hi Flyfishers

I was fishing today in a little stream under a bridge and happened to see the moby dick of trout. Nice big kinda grayish fish about 30 inches long ( I could see him by looking down from the bridge).

He hung out under the bridge and I threw streamers at him. Mostly different style leeches and wooly buggers and he didn't take any and I was right on him ( had a spotter on the bridge watching where I was putting the fly). The water was flowing quite quickly so it was hard to get it to sink down to bottom but what I realized was I didn't know what to do or how to imitate any leeches or small bait fish . Anyone have any pointers or techniques.
Also this was probably a big steel head or an atlantic salmon. Also what flies would I use and how would be my question.

It was a fresh water stream running from a damn with a fish ladder down to a tidal effected estuary.

Any help or suggestions would be great thanks. ( Or ideas)

Thanks

Dave
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Global FlyFisher forum frontpage -> Fly fishing - Fish Better All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: