View topic - Fly fishing Southern Norway - Discussion forum and board - Global FlyFisher

GFF logo

Fly fishing Southern Norway

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Global FlyFisher forum frontpage -> Patterns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
flyaddict

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 11:58 pm    Post subject: Fly fishing Southern Norway Reply with quote
I wasn't sure where to put this.

I am heading to Southern Norway Junbe 24th for 2 weeks. I will be right on the Otra River which is said to be one of the best in Southern Norway for Atlantic Salmon. Any suggestions on Weight rod to bring and flies would be great.

I will probably also be fishing some lakes also. How big are the trout there? I'm trying to decide what rod to bring for this also. I have a 5wt and a 3 wt. Flies to bring also.

Thx!
Martin Joergensen
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 11:52 am    Post subject: Light rods does it Reply with quote
Flyaddict,

I have been fishing smaller rivers a couple of times, and dearly prefer a light rod for the purpose. My favorite is a 12'6" for an 8-9 weight line. That is easy to cast all day and usually sufficient for the flies you need (often small doubles and low water flies) and will usually be adequate for figthing the fish you may typically catch in these smaller waters.

You may want to check out the article about Mandal, which is also in the southern Norway

Martin

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Global FlyFisher forum frontpage -> Patterns All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: