Casting Arm Blues
Published Mar 19th 2014
I have traditionally published a collection of images before the season to heighten the Cabin Fever, and this year's Casting Arm Blues also gets a stimulus package
My own cabin fever isn't raging as badly as it used to because of my health, but I certainly have been casting sideways glances out the window while working and thinking of the days when such conditions would have made me work night shifts at the keyboard and fish during the days.
Many of the guys I fish with have complained about the strange twitches in their casting arms and some have even been out and felt the first spring fish.
But these days really cold water isn't a thing I'm drawn to because I will have to sail on it rather than wade in it, and my physical health keeps me from taking too many chances there. My newly bought kayak will not be carrying me on a any trips before the water is above lethal temperatures.
I might haul out the pontoon boat. It is after all a bit more stable and safe to fish from.
But as I said: people have been catching here for at least a month, and fishing seems to be both good and stable, so I look forward to getting my flies wet again.
And speaking of flies, I sure do need to tie some, because my well stocked fly boxes are not anywhere near being well stocked, and I direly need to tie some plain coastal flies. I have experimented quite a bit the later years with absolutely no success, and I think I will return to the well known and tie me some Grey Fredes and some Red Tags. I do have some ideas that I want to try, and I have ordered a bunch of Pulse Discs from Brinefly Innovation that I want to try on my flies when I am trolling them after my pontoon boat or kayak.
But until these contraptions hit the water and hopefully catches some fish, you can enjoy these pictures from times gone by.
Other seasonal galleries
- Spring 1998 Gallery in Gallery. Published April 1st 1998
- October 1998 pictures in Gallery. Published October 1st 1998
- Fall 1998 Gallery in Gallery. Published October 5th 1998
- Spring 2002 in Gallery. Published May 1st 2002
- Summer 2002 in Gallery. Published May 2nd 2002
- Danish gallery in Gallery. Published June 28th 2004
- Winter coast in Gallery. Published March 7th 2005
- Danish winter in Gallery. Published February 2nd 2006
- Merry Christmas in Gallery. Published December 24th 2007
- 1st spring trip in Gallery. Published March 30th 2010
- Spring 2011 in Gallery. Published April 30th 2011
- Autumn Gallery in Gallery. Published September 3rd 2011