Thanks To You!
Thank the lord our Kickstarter fundraising campaign is done and we can now move forward in the process of producing our film.
By Travis Swartz
Thank the lord our Kickstarter fundraising campaign is done and we can now move forward in the process of producing our film. I want to take a quick moment to thank each of you who are following the progress of Fish On - A Reel Retreat and an extra HUGE thanks to all who contributed to our Kickstarter campaign. The Global Fly Fisher community (especially Martin) have been very generous to us and we look forward to continuing to share our experience with all of you.
I also love the Middle Fork because it's a hell of a beautiful place to find yourself in. You're surrounded by tall, swaying pine trees, the water is crystal clear, canyon rock formations are towering and jagged and there's more than one sandy beaches that typically play host to an attractive lady or two. Sorry ladies, those sandy beaches are also typically home to shirtless men whom should really be wearing a shirt.
Our trip to the Middle Fork will give Reese and I time to capture great images and plenty of nice fish. It will also be an opportunity for us to talk and explore the many story lines we hope to follow in the film. Now that we are less focused on funding, we can get into the nitty gritty (the details) of our story and our creative point of view. There are many ways in which to allow a story to unfold and I very much look forward to facing the challenge of how best to bring these stories to the big screen.
The Middle Fork is not a trophy trout stream and is not typically thought of as one of Idaho's famous rivers. However, if you're ever in the Boise, Idaho area in the middle or end of July and the flows are below 1,000cfs, you should consider a quick trip up there.
Thanks once again! Keep following our progress!
- The Journey Begins - Fish On - A Reel Retreat,
published June 8th 2012
- Something For Someone Else - A Fish On Blog Post,
published June 19th 2012
- Intermittent Rewards - A Fish On blog post from Reese Ferguison who will be participating in the September Reel Recovery Retreat in Idaho,
published June 30th 2012
- Fishing with friends - Travis Swartz spends a lot of time on the water alone, but this past weekend he spent a couple days on the Big Wood River in Ketchum, Idaho fishing with his friends Reese, John and Zach.,
published July 11th 2012
- Thanks To You! - Thank the lord our Kickstarter fundraising campaign is done and we can now move forward in the process of producing our film. ,
published July 20th 2012
When new entries are ready, they are announced here and then linked when they are published.