A spring trip
Published May 21st 2014
I have been going on these fishing trips twice a year with a bunch of friends for more than a decade. These days it's more trip than fishing for me.
In the beginning we went to the island Bornholm, which offers some really great fishing, but after a couple of disappointing trips - fishing wise that is, the island is always gorgeous - we tried Fyn in stead. This fabled sea trout Eldorado never really delivered, so we started "shopping around" and have been to my home island Sjaelland, southern Denmark close to the German border and tried what we could to find some good fishing.
None of our trips have been as the best ones to Bornholm with regards to fishing, but they have still been fantastic with great friendship, good food and altogether excellent experiences.
The original group has been spread for all winds. People have grown older, lost interest in the group and these trips, have moved or a combination of all of the above. A few of us still hang in there and we have spread the joy and now fish with some really great new and old fishing friends from Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands. Sweden and other countries.
This April trip went to the Danish island Als near the German border and once again showed this place as a beautiful spot with lots of fishing water but surprisingly few fish considering the otherwise excellent conditions.
Nevertheless we had a fantastic trip, and even though my own fishing was very limited due to problems with walking, I drove around and thoroughly enjoyed the scenery and made a few casts sitting in my beach chair as well as in my kayak.
There was lots of fishing done and quite a few fish caught, but as I said nothing really impressing - numbers or sizes. Even the notorious garfish, usually present in annoyingly large numbers in late April and early May, failed us and only a few were caught in water where we'd expect a garfish take in every cast.
These pictures can give you an impression of the beautiful Danish coast in the spring.
A few other Danish galleries
- Spring 1998 Gallery in Gallery. Published April 1st 1998
- Fall 1998 Gallery in Gallery. Published October 5th 1998
- Spring 2002 in Gallery. Published May 1st 2002
- Spring 2003 pictures in Gallery. Published August 1st 2003
- Bornholm in Global. Published March 17th 2004
- Bornholm 2006 in Global. Published May 20th 2006
- Waiting for spring in Gallery. Published March 8th 2007
- 1st spring trip in Gallery. Published March 30th 2010
- Spring 2011 in Gallery. Published April 30th 2011
- Autumn Gallery in Gallery. Published September 3rd 2011