New GFF book
Another book by a GFF partner
Yep, it's another book from the hands of a GFF partner.
This time on fly fishing one of the most beautiful places in the US Rockies: Rocky Mountain National Park. It's written by GFF partner Steve Schweitzer who has hiked, fished and photographed extensively in the park during the last decade and has summed up his experiences in this very thorough guide to fly fishing the park.
Buy the Book...
Support your local fly shop - consider purchasing the book through them.
If your local fly shop or sporting goods store doesn’t stock the book, you can purchase the book on this site.
You can view the entire book below. Click left and right side of book to flip the pages. What's not included? - Over 50 pages of valuable data tables about every water in the Park, over 120 flies from local guides and experts, hatch charts and more.
Inside the book…
This is what you get in this new book. Valuable knowledge to the angler visiting the park, but also very useful to the hiker, photographer or anybody else interested in a thorough guide to the area.
- Answers an angler’s most important question: “Where do I want to fish today?”
- How much time is needed to hike to a destination
- Trail difficulty
- Streams and lakes along the trail
- What kind of fish can be caught
- Effective techniques and flies
- Guides the angler to over 150 destinations along 48 trail systems
- Discusses all locations containing fish: 50+ lakes and 200+ miles of perennial streams and rivers
- Fully illustrated with full color topographic maps, trail profiles and over 250 photographs
- Provides the angler fishing tips and effective fly pattern suggestions
- Detailed hatch charts cover all major insect activity year-round
- Tie the flies used by local guides and experts with detailed pattern listings for over 100 unique and highly effective flies