The Global FlyFisher
Simply the Best Place to go for Online Fly Fishing and Fly Tyinghttp://globalflyfisher.com/node/35306
Published Sep 1. 2015 - 1 year ago
Articles relating to pattern
Warm saltwater fly
- Cut a piece of Corsair tubing to required length.
- Flatten and stretch to a fish' shape, use the thread center line as the lateral line.
- Put a large needle in to the vice and tie on the thread at the point.
- Attach a bunch of silver Lite Brite and tie off.
- Slide the Corsair tubing tail upp to the tie in point of the tail and attach the two
- Apply some Superglue and when dry slide it off the needle.
- Thread the hook through the opening in the Coursair tubing and out through the stomach area about 1 centimeter from the head.
- Tie in the thread at the eye of the hook and tie down the tubing, building upp a tapered head.
- Whip finish and glue with Superglue.
- Apply the Prismatic Eyes and a coat of epoxy so to keep the shape of the head and to increase durarability.
- Use permenant makers for the lateral line and back colour as required.
Mustad 34007 or equivelant no.4/0 to 2
White mono waxed thread
Pearl or silver Coursair tubing
Prismatic stick on or equivelent
Super glue and Epoxy