Articles relating to pattern
This fly may not be the most beautiful in your box and may seem to be stale but take a closer look at the small fry that swim around the coast and you will see that they swim with a jerky side to side action. With a short sharp retrieve of about 3 or 4 inches the fly will come alive and is a killer.
- Tie on the thread at the head and lay down a neat layer back to just above hook point.
- Tie in and make a body of holagraphic tinsel.
- Cut a bunch (20 strands) of Krystal Flash, fold in half and tie in at head so that they extend past bend by about 1 inch
- Tie off and glue with super glue.
- Cut a piece of clear plastic tubing to match body length, from eye of hook back to where bend begins.
- Thread on to hook from the head.
- Mix and apply some 5 minutes epoxy to the area just behind hook eye
- Bring the tubing foward to sit just behind the hook eye
- Apply stick on eyes and a little more epoxy so that you just cover them
- Allow to dry.
- With the help of a glue gun and clear glue apply a blob to the Krystal Flash, try to spread out the fibers
- in the glue and flatten with wet fingers
- When hard cut out a fish tail shape.
Mustad 34077 or equivalant long shank hook no.4/0 to 2
White mono waxed thread
Holagraphic tinsell covered by plastic tubing
Krystal Flash to suit bait fish colour
Prismatic stick on or equivalent