The Global FlyFisher
Simply the Best Place to go for Online Fly Fishing and Fly Tyinghttp://globalflyfisher.com/node/35736
Published Sep 1. 2015 - 1 year ago
Articles relating to pattern
Cold saltwater fly
- Mix a tail from yellow and orange hackle fibres. Tie them in just above the hook bend.
- Tie in the yarn and turn it over the shank to form a nice tapered under body.
- Let the tube slide down the shank. Secure it just above the hook bend. Make 1-2 mm of the tube stand out from the secure point.
- Tie in the zonker strip. Let 1-2 mm stand out from the secure point. Avoid trapping the hair.
- Tie down the tupe at the head.
- Tie down the zonker strip at the head. Make sure to stretch it, as it gets sloppy when wet.
- Tie in a bunch of orange hackle fibres as a false hackle.
- Form a nice little head and whipfinish.
Streamer, size 2-6.
Re-Flash Tubing, orange.
Hackle fibres, mixed yellow and orange.
Zonker strip, cross coloured, orange/yellow.
False hackle (throat)
Orange hackle fibres, let them almost reach the hook point.