Published Sep 1. 2015 - 1 year ago
CDC May Fly
Articles relating to pattern
- Make 10 extended mayfly bodies/tails or look through your materials to see if you got some pre-made ones.
- Attach the thread.
- Tie in the body/tail., Ajust the length.
- Tie in the two cdc-feathers. Secure them and tie them in up-right position.
- Stabilize the wing base
- Dub the body behind the wing.
- Tie in the hackle.
- Turn the hackle around the wing base.
- Secure the hackle making the thread follow the hackle 4-5 times.
- Dub the front body and head.
- Whip finish.
- Ajust the wing length.
- Tie 9 more.
- Go fishing.
Dry Fly, ie. Partridge SLD.
Extended may fly body.
Dry fly dubbing, light colurs mixed with a little bit of dark coloured.
Brown or grizzle, parachute style.
Two bottom parts of cdc feathers.
Darker dubbing mix.