The Global FlyFisher
Simply the Best Place to go for Online Fly Fishing and Fly Tyinghttp://globalflyfisher.com/node/35878
Published Sep 1. 2015 - 1 year ago
Articles relating to pattern
Cold saltwater fly
- If you want a red or orange accent to the fly, wrap some tying thread on the middle of the tube and whip finish. Just a few wraps will suffice. Alternatively you can wrap a single strand of red flash into the LCR before curing it.
- Stick on the eyes in the front of the tube.
- Cover the whole head with LCR in an even layer
- Cure the LCR
- Burn a small collar on the inner tube
- Draw it through the head
- Cut it in the rear, leaving a small bit
- Melt a collar to lock it.
- The head is done.
- Tie a small bunch of flash or soft feather barbs to the hook.
- Whip finish and varnish.
- Stick a piece of junction tube onto the metal tube. 1½-2½ centimeters or about an inch is fine.
- The hook mounts when you tie the fly to your tippet.
- Pass the tippet though the head and the junction tube from the front
- Tie on the hook
- Pull the hook into the junction tube
Bidoz brass or aluminum tube, short version, lined with plastic inner tube
Front red accent (optional)
Red/orange 6/0 thread or red/orange flash
Stick on eyes, flat, 3D or doll´s eyes type, 3mm or 1/10-1/8 of an inch in diameter, covered with LCR
Junction tube of your choice. Translucent, milky or colored
Tube hook of your choice, suitable sizes are #4-6-8
Rear tying thread
Black or grey 8/0
Flash and/or chickabou/marabou, grizzly or in a color of your choice