The Global FlyFisher
Simply the Best Place to go for Online Fly Fishing and Fly Tyinghttp://globalflyfisher.com/node/35879
Published Sep 1. 2015 - 1 year ago
Tight Line Shrimp
Articles relating to pattern
Warm saltwater fly
- First start a thread base just before the bend of the hook .
- Then cut a piece of pink bucktail about a half inch in length from the very top of the hide. It's the top part that is the finest.
- Then from the center of the bucktail cut a half inch of brown deer hair to form the thorn of the shrimp.
- Next I like to dub about 3 inches of thread with orange fine cut opossum fur and form a small bump.
- Tie in a couple of moose mane hairs as antennae. They can be quite long.
- Next cut a piece of mono about an inch long an with a lighter burn the tips to form eyes . The length of the mono should then be about half an inch once both sides are burned.
- Next lay the eyes diagonally across he hook and cinch it down by warping it in a figure eight pattern.
- Next you create a dubbing loop about 2 to 3 inches long and run your bobbin to the eye of the hook.
- Grab your Wing N'Flash and cut 2" lengths and spread it evenly through your dubbing loop.
- Once it is spread twist the loop locking the Wing N'Flash in.
- Lastly palmer the dubbing forward and tie off at the eye of the hook.
- I like to grab a bodkin and pick away the entangled pieces of wing and flash. This will give it a full body.
#4,6,8 Mustad 34007
Orange 140 denier
Tail (shrimp tentacles)
Pink bucktail, brown bucktail, pink flash
Orange opossum or similar
Burnt 40 lbs mono
Pink Wapsi Wing N´Flash (Alternative Angel Hair, SLF hanks)