The Global FlyFisher
Simply the Best Place to go for Online Fly Fishing and Fly Tyinghttp://globalflyfisher.com/node/35910
Published Sep 1. 2015 - 1 year ago
Articles relating to pattern
- Place bead behind hook eye, and wrap the optional lead wire behind bead.
- Tie in Pheasant tail in as tail and leave the long butt section, as this will become the legs.
- Tie in the copper wire.
- Apply dubbing and wrap over the pheasant tail fibres, to about two-thirds up the hook shank.
- Rib with copper wire and tie off copper wire.
- Lift pheasant tail fibres up and dub thread and under the pheasant tail fibres to bead.
- Backward and forward wrapping of the UV dubbing can be done, to attain the right density, covering shape of thorax.
- Take pheasant tail barbs over UV dubbed thorax and tie in with 2 or 3 wraps behind the bead.
- Split barbs in equal numbers and fold to either side of bead/body.
- Tie the barbs in at about 45 degrees to body and whip finish.
- Trim the barbs about two-thirds of the overall length of fly.
#8 to 18
Black or gun metal black
Lead or tungsted wire
6 to 10 Pheasant tail barbs, depending on the size of the fly
Black possum or squirrel dubbing
White UV Dubbing