The Global FlyFisher
Simply the Best Place to go for Online Fly Fishing and Fly Tyinghttp://globalflyfisher.com/node/39947
It's cold, colder, coldest!
Since it's called dog days when it's warm, is it then called cat days when it's cold? In that case we have cat days here... at least it's raining both cats and dogs, so there might be some analogy.
We're sure missing an Indian summer here, where the wind has been cold, wet and tiresome and the weather has been very unstable with lots of grey days and heavy showers.
This is not good for anything:
- people's mood - weather too dull
- harvesting - grain too wet
- fishing for sea trout at night - water too rough
- fishing for mullet in the warm water - water not warm enough
- fishing for ide in the brackish water - fish too hard to spot
- fishing for grayling and trout in streams - no hatches, too bothersome to cast
- fishing for almost anything actually...
It's not really cold enough to be autumn (God forbid!), but definitely not hot enough to be summer either.
It's actually just very annoying.
Last year's ide fishing: