The Global FlyFisher
Simply the Best Place to go for Online Fly Fishing and Fly Tyinghttp://globalflyfisher.com/pattern/up-side-down-streamer
Published Sep 1. 2015 - 1 year ago
Articles relating to pattern
- Place the hook into the vice and put some glue/varnish on the hook shank.
- Cut off a piece of mylar tubing, matching the length of the hook shank. Place the piece of tube over the shank, and fasten it to the end of the hook, by winding the nylon thread a few times around the shank and secure it with a whip finish knot.
- Bind the mylar tubing behind the hookeye, leaving enough space to able to fasten the remaining materials.
- Put the eyes on and secure with varnish or superglue.
- Turn the hook upside down and tie in a small bundle of bucktail (the light colour) and secure with varnish.
- Tie in six strings of pearl crystal flash and secure with varnish.
- Tie in another bundle of bucktail (dark colour) and secure with varnish.
- Tie off with a whip finish knot and secure with varnish again.
TMC 8089, Size 2. I use the model with the nickel finish.
Two colours of bucktail, six strings of crystal flash