Tied this pattern for a western river, in central Oregon. Great success! Thank you for sharing this pattern with the inter-web. Although... I did have some trouble keeping some of the bulk down while tying this pattern. Found some Lead Tape that did work wonders. And oddly enough i did tie this pattern with no weight using a small strike indicator and let it dead drift while walking along the bank of the deeper slower moving water sections and i had caught more fish then trying nymph techniques. I had also substituted the Peacock herl for black ice dubbing, and used tan UV Ice Dub for the hare dubbed in with the antron. Real similar, but that extra flash did seem to help quite a bit especially in months when the caddis larva were actually not hatching.
All comments will be screened by the GFF staff before publication.No HTML, images, ads or links, please - we do not publish such comments... And only English language comments will be published.Name and email is optional but recommended.The email will be shown in a disguised form in the final comment to protect you against spam
You can see other public comments on this page