The Global FlyFisher - The Largest and Best Place to go for Online Fly Fishing and Fly Tying
Global FlyFisher. Fly from the pattern database -
All kinds of flies from all over the globe
More warm saltwater
Micro Tarantula Crab
Click to see more Edgehill patterns
|Type||Warm saltwater fly|
|Tied by||Chris Edghill|
|Difficulty||A little difficult|
- Wrap thread on to hook at mid point.
- Creat a large ball using egg yarn so that it covers hook shank, this is then trimmed flat on the top of the hook and eliptical and domed on the bottom to create the crab shell. At this point it is important to add some super glue so that the body wont spin on the shank.
- Cut and knot rubber bands for the legs and claws.
- Add some white silicone, the type used for sealing around bathroom sinks, and position the leggs and claws in the silicone.
- Cut a piece of flat lead foil to the shape of the crab\'s underside and stick this over the leggs and claws as well. This will make the crab ride hook point up.
- Apply some more silicone to cover the lead foil and smooth it out to create the underside.
- Burn 80 lbs. nylon for the eyes and stick them into the egg yarn with super glue.
- Use permanant markers to colour the crab as you wish.
|More great articles on The Global FlyFisher|
|A couple of random articles|