The Global FlyFisher - The Largest and Best Place to go for Online Fly Fishing and Fly Tying
Global FlyFisher. Fly from the pattern database -
All kinds of flies from all over the globe
More warm saltwater
The CDC & Elk family
Tying with CDC
Micro Tarantula Crab
More Edgehill salt water patterns
|Type||Warm saltwater fly|
|Tied by||Chris Edghill|
Sea trout (sea run)
Steelhead (sea run)
|Hook||Mustad 34007 or equivelant no.4/0 to 2|
|Thread||White mono waxed thread|
|Body||Pearl or silver Coursair tubing|
|Eyes||Prismatic stick on or equivelent|
|Adhesives||Super glue and Epoxy|
- Cut a piece of Corsair tubing to required length.
- Flatten and stretch to a fish' shape, use the thread center line as the lateral line.
- Put a large needle in to the vice and tie on the thread at the point.
- Attach a bunch of silver Lite Brite and tie off.
- Slide the Corsair tubing tail upp to the tie in point of the tail and attach the two
- Apply some Superglue and when dry slide it off the needle.
- Thread the hook through the opening in the Coursair tubing and out through the stomach area about 1 centimeter from the head.
- Tie in the thread at the eye of the hook and tie down the tubing, building upp a tapered head.
- Whip finish and glue with Superglue.
- Apply the Prismatic Eyes and a coat of epoxy so to keep the shape of the head and to increase durarability.
- Use permenant makers for the lateral line and back colour as required.
|More great articles on The Global FlyFisher|
|A couple of random articles|