Global FlyFisher. Fly from the pattern database -
All kinds of flies from all over the globe
Click to see more Edghill salt water patterns
If any weight is required I use lead wire and push it into the piping on the side of the hook I wish to sinkie. point upp or down before I apply the epoxy.
Epoxy is one of the worlds most alargy causing chemicals, so dont get it on you. If so you should clean it off A.S.A.P. with aceton.
If you need to take a leak in the middle of a gluing seccion, bite your lip!
|Type||Cold saltwater fly|
Pacific salmon (sea run)
Steelhead (sea run)
|Hook||Mustad 34077 or equivelant long shank hook no.4/0 to 2|
|Thread||White mono waxed thread|
|Body||Pearl mylar tubing|
|Tail||Chick marabu with a few strands of pearl Flashabu|
|Eyes||Prismatic stick-on or equivalent|
|Adhesives||Super glue and Epoxy|
- Tie on the thread at a point just above the hook point.
- Tie in a tufft of chick marabu combined with a few strands of pearl flashabu.
- Remove the core and thread over the hook eye a piece of braided pearl mylar tube
- Tie it off and glue with super glue just above hook point.
- Use your fingers to stretch the mylar tuing to a fish shape and tie off at the head
- Clip away any excess material and creat a thread head.
- Whip finish and glue
- Apply Prismatic Eyes and any markings with permanant markers required.
- Mix and apply some 5 minutes epoxy to the piping
- Allow to dry.
More stuff to look at on The Global FlyFisher
|A few random articles for your entertainment|