Global FlyFisher. Fly from the pattern database -
All kinds of flies from all over the globe
|Year of origin|
Rainbow trout (landlocked)
|Hook||Dry, long, such as Mustad 94833 or Partridge SHD, size 10-18.|
|Thread||Color to match body.|
|Body||Poly yarn cut into 1 cm pieces.|
|Head||Poly yarn cut into 1 cm pieces.|
- Cut some poly yarn into 1 cm pieces.
- Cover the hook shank with thread. Go a little bit down the hook bend.
- Make the thread come back again, so it hangs app. over the hook point.
- Dub the thread with the prepared poly yarn.
- Wind the dubbed thread to a little bit down the hook bend and back again, ending about an eye width from the eye. This should make the fly a bit more volumnious to the rear.
- Tie in poly yarn as the wing on one side of the hook.
- Bend the poly yarn over to the other side of the hook.
- Secure the wings
- Dub the wing base with poly yarn and form a nice head.
- Tease and trim the body to form "legs" and trim the wings.
More stuff to look at on The Global FlyFisher
|A few random articles for your entertainment|