Global FlyFisher. Fly from the pattern database -
All kinds of flies from all over the globe
|Type||Cold saltwater fly|
|Year of origin|
Sea trout (sea run)
Steelhead (sea run)
|Hook||Streamer, size 2-6.|
|Body||Re-Flash Tubing, orange.|
|Tail||Hackle fibres, mixed yellow and orange.|
|Wing||Zonker strip, cross coloured, orange/yellow.|
|False hackle (throat)||Orange hackle fibres, let them almost reach the hook point.|
- Mix a tail from yellow and orange hackle fibres. Tie them in just above the hook bend.
- Tie in the yarn and turn it over the shank to form a nice tapered under body.
- Let the tube slide down the shank. Secure it just above the hook bend. Make 1-2 mm of the tube stand out from the secure point.
- Tie in the zonker strip. Let 1-2 mm stand out from the secure point. Avoid trapping the hair.
- Tie down the tupe at the head.
- Tie down the zonker strip at the head. Make sure to stretch it, as it gets sloppy when wet.
- Tie in a bunch of orange hackle fibres as a false hackle.
- Form a nice little head and whipfinish.
More stuff to look at on The Global FlyFisher
|A few random articles for your entertainment|