The Global FlyFisher - The Largest and Best Place to go for Online Fly Fishing and Fly Tying
Global FlyFisher. Fly from the pattern database -
All kinds of flies from all over the globe
CDC May Fly
The CDC & Elk family
Action Emerging Caddis
The Super Pupa
CDC May Fly
|Year of origin||2006|
|Target species||Brown trout|
|Hook||Dry Fly, ie. Partridge SLD.|
|Tail||Extended may fly body.|
|Body||Dry fly dubbing, light colurs mixed with a little bit of dark coloured.|
|Hackle||Brown or grizzle, parachute style.|
|Wing||Two bottom parts of cdc feathers.|
|Head||Darker dubbing mix.|
- Make 10 extended may fly bodies/tails or look through your materials to see if you got some pre-made ones.
- Attach the thread.
- Tie in the body/tail., Ajust the length.
- Tie in the two cdc-feathers. Secure them and tie them in up-right position.
- Stabilize the wing base
- Dub the body behind the wing.
- Tie in the hackle.
- Turn the hackle around the wing base.
- Secure the hackle making the thread follow the hackle 4-5 times.
- Dub the front body and head.
- Whip finish.
- Ajust the wing length.
- Tie 9 more.
- Go fishing.
|More great articles on The Global FlyFisher|
|A couple of random articles|