Global FlyFisher. Fly from the pattern database -
All kinds of flies from all over the globe
|Type||Cold saltwater fly|
|Year of origin|
|A little difficult|
|Sea trout (sea run)|
Steelhead (sea run)
|Bead||Red, 3.8 mm|
|Tail||Angel Hair, gold an brownish Marabou|
|Rib||0.20 mm nylon|
|Back||3 mm Scud Back or similar|
|Belly||3 mm Scud Back or similar|
|Body||Crystal Chenille, brown, medium|
- Pass the bead over the shank to behind the hook eye.
- Let the Magic head follow, hollow part forward, placing it so that it covers the bead and the hook eye.
- Secure both with thread and/or glue
- Tie a few fibers of Angel Hair.
- Tie in the marabou tail.
- Tie in the rib.
- Tie in the back shield.
- Tie in the shield for the belly.
- Tie in the crystal flash.
- Take the thread to the hook eye.
- Bring the chenille forward.
- Trim it on the upper and lower side to give it a flat profile.
- Pull the belly shield forward. Tie down behind the Magic Head.
- Pull the shell back forward. Tie down behind the Magic Head.
- Rib the fly.
- Secure the ribbing.
- Cut off the excess.
- Whipfinish and add some head cement behind the cone and bead.