The Global FlyFisher - The Largest and Best Place to go for Online Fly Fishing and Fly Tying
Global FlyFisher. Fly from the pattern database -
All kinds of flies from all over the globe
The Super Pupa
The CDC & Elk family
A New Look at the Grannom
|Year of origin||1982|
|Target species||Brown trout|
|Hook||Short shank dry fly like Mustad 3813b, size 14-18|
|Thread||12/0 rusty brown|
|Tail||Hackle fibres, rusty|
|Dubbing||Fly Rite, rusty brown|
|Hackle||Long fibred cock, dry fly hackle|
- Tie3-8 hackle fibers as the tail.
- Make the rear body of tying thread.
- Tie in a hackle
- Turn the hackle 2-3 times.
- Dub the thorax. Let it come forward so the long hackle is slightly pushed forward.
- Make the thread rib the hackle.
- Make a head and whip-finish
|More great articles on The Global FlyFisher|
|A couple of random articles|