The Global FlyFisher - The Largest and Best Place to go for Online Fly Fishing and Fly Tying
Global FlyFisher. Fly from the pattern database -
All kinds of flies from all over the globe
The CDC & Elk family
Action Emerging Caddis
|Year of origin||1980|
|Hook||Dry fly size 10-26|
|Thread||10/0 color to match natural|
|Wing||1-3 CDC feathers|
- Cover the shank with thread.
- Rib the body with tying thread.
- Match together 1-3 CDC feathers depending on the hook size.
- Tie in the feathers just behind the hook eye on top of the shank.
- Cut of the excess.
- Make a nice, small head and whip-finish
- Trim the CDC feathers.
|More great articles on The Global FlyFisher|
|A couple of random articles|