Global FlyFisher. Fly from the pattern database -
All kinds of flies from all over the globe
|Type||Cold saltwater fly|
|Year of origin|
|Tube|| Bidoz brass or aluminum tube, short version, lined with plastic inner tube|
|Front red accent (optional)||Red/orange 6/0 thread or red/orange flash|
|Eyes||Stick on eyes, flat, 3D or doll´s eyes type, 3mm or 1/10-1/8 of an inch in diameter, covered with LCR|
|Body||Junction tube of your choice. Translucent, milky or colored|
|Hook||Tube hook of your choice, suitable sizes are #4-6-8|
|Rear tying thread||Black or grey 8/0|
|Tail||Flash and/or chickabou/marabou, grizzly or in a color of your choice|
- If you want a red or orange accent to the fly, wrap some tying thread on the middle of the tube and whip finish. Just a few wraps will suffice. Alternatively you can wrap a single strand of red flash into the LCR before curing it.
- Stick on the eyes in the front of the tube.
- Cover the whole head with LCR in an even layer
- Cure the LCR
- Burn a small collar on the innjer tube
- Draw it through the head
- Cut it in the rear, leaving a small bit
- Melt a collar to lockj it.
- The head is done.
- Tie a small bunch of flash or soft feather barbs to the hook.
- Whip finish and varnish.
- Stick a piece of junction tube onto the metal tube. 1½-2½ centimeters or about an inch is fine.
- The hook mounts when you tie the fly to your tippet.