Charlie's Bead Head Scud
By Charles Garwood
|A simple and good looking scud pattern from Charles Garwood.
||12-16 scud hook
||Mother of pearl bead
- Bend down the barb of the hook
- Pass the bead over the hook up to the eye and
- Secure it with varnish or super glue
- Tie in the thread behind the bead and biuld a small ball to hold the bead in place
- Wind the thread to the bend of the hook past the point above the barb
- Dub the thread with LiteBrite and form a tapered body with a small abdomen behind the bead
- Whip finish and varnish.