- Thread: Black 12/0; till deer head (spun): Uni-Thread A+
- Hook: Partridge Bartleet Supreme Salmon Fly Hook CS10/2 1/0
- Tail: Turkey tip
- Tag: Red floss - head cemented
- Body: Lagartun medium gold tinsel - head cemented
- Throat: Red floss - head cemented.
- Wing(lower): Squirrel, gray
- Wing(over) Turkey, matched
- Head: Brown/white tipped deer hair spun w/A+ and packed with gun 22 cal cleaning section. Clip hair to form collar and rounded head. Whip finish thread and coat with Loon hard head.
- Thread: Black 12/0; till deer head (spun): Uni-Thread A+ black.
- Hook: Daiichi 3/0 black steelhead: "Alec Jackson Spey Fly Hooks", or Partridge Bartleet Salmon Fly Hook: CS10 3/0
- Tail: Red polar bear
- Tag: Lagartun medium oval tinsel
- Body: Lagartun medium silver tinsel over thread body, then head cemented. Criss-cross flat diamond gold braid over this.
- Wing: Cream marabou. 2 spikes w/olive marabou spike sandwiched between.
- Wing(over) Peacock sword herl - 4
- Beard/Throat: White polar bear to tip of hook point
- Throat/Gill: Neon red monocord
- Head: Tied in with Uni-Thread A+, spun in 3 parts and packed with a 22 cal cleaning rod: 1st Section - Mule deer hair flared over wing. 2nd Section - Olive deer hair. 3rd Section - Black deer hair. Clip head in Dave Whitlock fashion by cutting flat on bottom, rounded on top, and flared out on edges. Whip finish thread, and apply Loon's Black Hard Head Finish.