have to admit that it was truly a humbling experience.
Up to the orange band on the head, the only tool that
I used was a pair of scissors. The orange band defeated
me, so I used thread on a bobbin. Simply, I couldn't
do it otherwise. I had a terrible time with the head.
Wrapping the body was also a bit challenging. Attaching
the belly and underwing material was almost easier
off the vise, and attaching the wing seemed easier
(probably because I used more glue than normal). !
It was interesting to learn that it was not impossible
to assemble a fly without a vise, and I actually found
that I liked putting the wings on better off the vise.