Fly attached

Here the fly has been attached in both ends using a cylindrical pearl and copper wire.

Photo/illustration: Martin Joergensen ©2015

More pictures from this article

User comments
GFF staff comment
From: Martin Joergensen · martin·at·  Link
Submitted September 19th 2013


I bought mine at a hobby/craft shop, the kind that has materials for people who sow, knit and work with fabrics. They are essentially clear pearls. The bag contains clear pearls in different lengths. I don't have it where I am now, so I can't check the brand.

You can also cut them yourself from fly tying tube or any similar thin, clear plastic tube, which should be easy to find.


From: Barry - Full name and email anonymized  Link
Submitted September 18th 2013

Where do you find the cylindrical pearl used to in your fly framing article? I have searched the bead section of a couple of hobby stores but can't seem to find them. What is the length used for most trout fly displays?

Want to comment this page? Fill out the form below.
Only comments
in English
are accepted!

Comentarios en Ingles
solamente, por favor!

Your name Your email
Anonymize my information. Name and email will not be shown with comment.
Notify me on new comments to this article on the above email-address.
You don't have to comment to start or stop notifications.

All comments will be screened by the GFF staff before publication.
No HTML, images, ads or links, please - we do not publish such comments...
And only English language comments will be published.
Name and email is optional but recommended.
The email will be shown in a disguised form in the final comment to protect you against spam
You can see other public comments on this page