• Reply to: Spawning fish. I'm not s...   12 years 10 months ago

It's a brownie!!!!

• Reply to: Boot Blues   12 years 10 months ago

The best boots ever were the old Danner's. I go out 35-40 times per year on freestone streams that include very rough steelheard water and have found a way to still get Danner's.
    Buy a pair of Danner hunting boots and have the sole ground down. Put felt on the sole, a good shop shop can do this for you, and you are set up. My current pair is going on six years. Cabela's has the Danner hunting boot.
    The boot is solidly made of cordura and leather and lasts and lasts. Because they are a hunting boot, they are great for all the hiking that occurs when getting from one steelhead to another.
    This is an expensive solution but they last.

• Reply to: Tails   12 years 10 months ago

Thanks Martin,

I'm going to download it right now!

• Reply to: Baby Buggers   12 years 10 months ago

!!!Excellent!!!

• Reply to: Fishing in the sunup   12 years 10 months ago

Yes, good one Martin. How many times did you say to yourself, "I should just wait a little bit longer for that sun to show"

• Reply to: Boot Blues   12 years 10 months ago

You haven't tried L. L. Bean aquastealth studded?

• Reply to: Boot Blues   12 years 10 months ago

I am a Yank who lives and fly-fishes the western U.S almost for thirty years now. The rivers and streams are rough, tough, and brawling. Sometimes I even have to use chains, and always I use a wading staff and do not take chances while wading. My wading boot? Weinbrenner's original Borger Boot - made by a commercial work boot manufacturer. They are heavy, felt soled with studs and a protected box toe! Not made for dainty spring creeks. But, they last for years without any bruised ankles!

• Reply to: Paul Barkers 15lb Mackera...   12 years 10 months ago

Paul & I chased several schools of these fish from a 12' punt for weeks to perfect the technique. We caught many fish up to 17lb on tippets down to 6lb. Paul took the cover photo with a borrowed a 2 1/4" square camera. This took an hour to set up. In the meantime the tide had gone out and I had to simulate wavelets with buckets of water.

• Reply to: Fins   12 years 10 months ago

Percas,

Thanks! Very kind of you!

• Reply to: Fins   12 years 10 months ago

Martin, Kasper & Henning you are very good photographers, when I look at your photos...good light..:-)

• Reply to: Tails   12 years 10 months ago

Carlos,

I have now created a REAL wallpaper from the Rosy sheen picture. And our first that comes in 1200*1600 pixels too. Find it in the wallpaper section.

• Reply to: Paul Barkers 15lb Mackera...   12 years 10 months ago

That's nostalgia for you! A really nice picture, actually. I gather that you didn't take it yourself, Dave?