Published Aug 25. 2015 - 1 year ago
Updated or edited Dec 20. 2015


This tool represents the type that replaces the jaw assembley in your ordinary vise. It holds the tube in a very strong grip and offers the ultimate hold and working space.
Martin Joergensen


I have been looking for a good tube tying adapter and it looks like Snowbee do a "universal" version of the tube fly attachment that will fit in an existing vice. Apart form the vice attachment it's apparently the same as the one for the Waldron.

Martin Joergensen's picture


The Snowbee/Waldron vice and adapter is made by Snowbee, which you can find here.


Where can I order this vise head and how much is it. Thx Kevin

Martin Joergensen's picture


You will need a Snowbee rear screw as well as the tube adapter itself. The original Waldron screw has a different thread. Snowbee can deliver it as a spare part. The fit of the adapter is not perfect, but it works.


You said: "The new Snowbee/Waldron vise has a Tube Fly attachment as an option, and this option fits my original Waldron vise with a bit of woodoo." And somewhere else in you rarticle you mention a "snowbee fingerscrew".
Precisely, what kind of "woodoo" are you talking about?

I enjoyed your whole series on tube flying very much. It is almost an entire textbook on this art of tying.
Thank you!