The Global FlyFisher
Simply the Best Place to go for Online Fly Fishing and Fly Tyinghttp://globalflyfisher.com/pattern/de-schildmeer-speciaal
Published Sep 1. 2015 - 1 year ago
de Schildmeer Speciaal
Articles relating to pattern
- Fasten the thread behind the hook-eye and attach the eyes (by winding the thread around the bead chain). Secure with varnish or superglue.
- Cover the hook with thread, and tie in two strings of clear crystal flash almost same length as hook shaft right at the bend.
- Tie in a little red marabou as tail.
- Tie in a brown hackle and a string of cactuschenille (I use claret coloured) at the rear end of the hook.
- Wind the tying-thread to the hook-eye and cover the hook shank with the cactuschenille.
- Fasten the chenille just behind the eyes.
- Wind the hackle over the body and secure it just behind the eyes.
- Complete with a whip-finish knot and secure with varnish.
TMC 100, size 8
Bead chain, large
Two strings of pearl crystal flash and red marabou