• Reply to: After Dinner Mint   3 days 10 hours ago

Nice fly. How does it fish?

• Reply to: Hugh   1 week 3 days ago

This tube fly is great. I'm going to tye tube flies.....

• Reply to: Realistic Mysis Shrimp   2 weeks 6 days ago

Awesome looking pattern. I can't wait to try it. How do you fish it in stillwater?

• Reply to: Tom’s complete vise project   3 weeks 3 days ago

I knew that my former colleque from Fokker at Ypenburg, was able to make beautiful things with his machines, but this I have never seen. My very big compliments. And it is worth te price he can get for it. There is no alternative.

• Reply to: Flies into action   3 weeks 2 days ago

This way of presenting flys with a spinning rod by dragging them using a float is certainly nothing new. It has been used in Newfoundland Canada for at least 50 years if not longer and is still being used to catch trout!

• Reply to: A Rio Revuelto final   1 month 3 days ago

This river can not be lost to greed and ignorance.

• Reply to: A Steelhead Quest   1 month 5 days ago

What a wonderful film about steelhead! Full of love for the nature and wild steelhead! Really great people! I wish, I would meet more people like them at the water.... A fantastic film, a must to see! Thank's a lot!

• Reply to: The Chicken or Pasta Fly   1 month 6 days ago

Great looking fly. I'm going to use it for Bull Trout, Pike and Walleye

• Reply to: Chinos!   1 month 1 week ago

To avoid roll over of synthetics, I tie in a few long strands of deer tail hair at the end of the shank.

• Reply to: Czech Nymphing   1 month 1 week ago

Discussion "what is not fly fishing" is as old as fly fishing itself :-). I live in Poland now, where this method very popular, but called "Polish nymphing", which is the same in my opinion. Also it's popular in Slovakia where I'm fishing quite often, maybe they call it "Slovak nymphing"? :-) I learned interesting technique from Slovak guide on river Vah, which is combination of Czech/Polish nymphing and wet fly swing. In this method 3 flies are used. Anchor fly is heavier nymph, used for weight, middle fly is very light nymph, and top fly is a wet fly, usually spider pattern. Cast flies slightly upstream, follow it with the rod tip, then in the middle of the run rod is gradually lowered. When the rig is on 45 degrees downstream from the angler, fly line and rod almost dropped to the water. So it ends up like classic downstream swing. I tried that in the riffle full of graylings and trout, and half of fish takes were on wet fly, when rig was 45 degree downstream or in the lower part of the drift.

• Reply to: Tom's Vise   1 month 2 weeks ago

Wow, amazing work!

Would it be possible to have the measurements of such a wonderful vise? I'd like to have students build one.

Thanks a lot.

R

• Reply to: Trutta Bavaria   2 months 6 days ago

Great story!!! Great Film!!! Thanks for showing it us!