• Reply to: Allan Kuhlman Hansen   4 months 3 weeks ago

Hi, I am writing from Germany.
    Is it possible to buy flies from you?
    Do you have any informations bat. style, sizes and prices?
    Many thanks and best regards
    Helmut

• Reply to: Light Curing Resins   4 months 4 weeks ago

A big advantage of UV epoxy is your choice of viscosity - thin or thick - for when you wish your epoxy to run and penetrate, and when you don't. Thick and thin LCR are compatible. They greatly simplify tying patterns such as Surf Candy. A third type, flexible LCR, comes in handy for some applications. Great stuff, and so little waste the effective cost is relatively low.

• Reply to: Niels' flies   4 months 4 weeks ago

Hello Niels,
    is that Phoenix #10 weight-line a DT
    and what linesize is you Mc Ginn please?
    Thanks for giving me answer.
    Willie Ostiadal
    Chieming Lake Chiemsee, Germany

• Reply to: The coolest bobbin holder   5 months 4 days ago

cool bobinholder

• Reply to: Dark Mackerel Sea Trout Fly   5 months 5 days ago

the tying is fantastic, but I don't know if its fish

• Reply to: Fly Tying Thread Table   5 months 6 days ago

Thanks so much...

• Reply to: Grey Boy Midge Pupa   5 months 6 days ago

Great fly I will be tying that one , I like the light weight ones sink slower in the water when the trout are nearer the surface thank you and I will be watching more of your flys thanks again James

• Reply to: Bronze Ides   5 months 1 week ago

Keith,

I don't know if the ides are on the fins in April, but I'd think so. We usually see them later in the season on the Baltic coasts, but my guess is that they are in the Odense Aa all year. You can give them a try if catching lost of sea trout gets too boring...

• Reply to: Bronze Ides   5 months 1 week ago

great article! I love Ide and have caught them in Sweden, Karlstad. I am coming to Fyn in April, would there be any Ide around that early? I believe the river running through Odense has Ide, would that be a good place to try? We will be sea trout fishing but I would like to try for ide as well.

• Reply to: Episode 2 - Fly Fishing The San Juan River   5 months 1 week ago

Spelling mistakes happen, were not all perfect. I personally have always been bad at spelling and language, so it happens more with me then most. Sorry to all the grammar natzis out there... haha!

Some people are good at language, others at math, etc... you might be good at English, and language in general. Maybe your also good at math, not sure. We just aren't all the same. I was doing advanced algebra at 4 years old, however couldn't pass English classes to save my life. I don't think negatively about people who can't do math, because I rejoice in their strengths not their weaknesses. I hope those who have a problem with misspelling can understand that as well.

• Reply to: Episode 2 - Fly Fishing The San Juan River   5 months 1 week ago

Jeff,

If their/there/they're, too/two, it's/its and lose/loose is your battle, you are basically bound to lose (pun intended).

Even I, as a non-native English speaker, find these errors all the time, and even though they do bother me, they don't take much away from my appreciation of the fact that people actually make great content (like this video) that I can read and watch for free. Sure it would be nice if everything was spelled perfectly, but that's not the case I'm afraid. And the errors are becoming more and more common. That's part of how language develops.

I'm sure the spelling control simply convinces people that all is OK - and that time will roll over us ant *beep*'ers as many of the "alternative" spellings eventually will be allowed and finally the norm.

Dame Juliana spelled the title of her book "A treatyse of fysshynge wyth an angle". She would probably roll over in her grave if she saw it written "A treatise of fishing with a rod" as we would do it today.

• Reply to: Episode 2 - Fly Fishing The San Juan River   5 months 1 week ago

Just curious, why did you spell lose- loose? I see this all the time, do you not know better or why exactly? thanks