• Reply to: Hooligan Crab   4 months 5 days ago

Just one Word: Great
    Video, Comments, Pattern, Humor!(Hooligan Crab :o))
    Two Thumbs up!

Regards,

Winfried

• Reply to: The Source - Iceland   4 months 6 days ago

I remember when this came out, great soundtrack and footage.

• Reply to: Do me a favor: go fishing!   4 months 6 days ago

What else can I say? You're right.

• Reply to: Fly tying lamps   4 months 1 week ago

Jon-Anders,

The LED panel is pretty awesome, but also a beast. I use a Manfrotto lamp swivel head, a Friction Arm and a Super Clamp to hold it. It's a large and heavy thing and needs some serious support. I will see if I can dig out a picture of my setup and add it to the article.

• Reply to: Fly tying lamps   4 months 1 week ago

How did you table mount the LED panel?

It seems like the best option in every way in my opinion.

• Reply to: Fly tying lamps   4 months 1 week ago

Dear all,

this is a serious advisory. Check it for yourself.
    2010 I got diagnosed MD, Macula Degeneration. Iwas diagnosed to becoming blind.
    I was a Computer Grafic and 3D Designer since 1987, first Flatscreens and 12 hours work in front of LED_Screens.
    RGB = Red, Green, Blue LED'S in a matrix.
    White and Blue LED's emerce a high frequent light, it's laserlight.
    The blue light destrois the Retina - Macula Lutea Part of the Retina.

I'm not getting blind, I lost my business, but reversed my MD. Getting retiered soon, anyway.

That's what I did:
    8.000 - 10.000 I.U. Vitamin D3 + Vitamin K2
    Lots of raw green leaf vegies.
    Most important:
    Orange Glasses (High quality Sunglasses are okay), Blue absorbingly 98%, when working at the computer screen.
    I where them all day long.
    Giving up my business, I go fishing, tie fys and furle leaders.
    My MD got better about 50%, I'm not getting blind, I'm improving. Ask my Clinc.

I use normal Lamps and Halogen - no LED'S. Best for Flytying - Sunny Days ore Daylight.
    At darkness or night, don't tie. Sleep, than eat, than tie, than go fishing.
    Profe my words.

Regards and all the best,
    Winiefred

• Reply to: IBRA Bamboo Journal N 17 now online   4 months 2 weeks ago

Moreno,

Thanks for sharing. A great and beautiful magazine, absolutely worth reading for anyone interested in split cane rods.

• Reply to: Why the drama?   4 months 2 weeks ago

I will not watch these shows. Competitive angling is like competitive eating, the activity doesn't equate well with competition. "River Monsters" is basically this goof going around the world catching the local catfish species. HAHA We have bass fishing competitions here in the US which are as foreign to my fishing experiences as if I were underwater in bull fighting gear to catch those fish.

• Reply to: Welding your loops   4 months 2 weeks ago

The Adhesive lined stick or reeled 3/1mm needs a heat source for it to shrink down, keep applying the heat and the inner glue lining starts to melt and flow and ooze outwards, when this happens stop heating and allow to cool on its own. This will give you an incredible water resistant mould onto what you require.

• Reply to: Welding your loops   4 months 2 weeks ago

Excellent tip. I would suggest experimenting with 3 to 1 adhesive shrink tube in either 3mm or 4.8mm. It shrinks 3 times its diameter and the adhesive melts and bonds the tube to the fly line. The heat will also weld the fly line together so double secutity. Smooth adhesive that leaks out of each end to create a slick feel to the tube ends. No need to remove the shrink tube afterwards. Can be color coded as well. I use black for reel end and red for the tip which also acts as an indicator. On e-bay 500mm of 3mm costs £1.95

• Reply to: The LAW of attraction   4 months 3 weeks ago

Yeah I remember that trip to Ulm very well.
    I also had the chance to buy the vice but during that period I was a poor student and I already bought an expensive vice (Dyna King Professional) which I still use today.
    I ran into Lawrence many years later but then he stopped making them…
    Well, you can't have 'em all! :)

• Reply to: Why the drama?   4 months 3 weeks ago

So well said. It is reassuring to learn that I am not the only grumpy old bastard who loathes these so called "reality" shows where a lot of would be celebrities (in their own minds) compete against each other. I occasionally watch Robson Green because there is nothing better on at the time but can't stand Jeremy Wade calling his target species River Monsters. What makes a creature a monster when it lives in its own natural environment and needs to feed to live?