• Reply to: Salmon fishing in Norwegian river Laerdal   5 months 1 week ago

My Grandfather one caught a 24 kilo fish from the Horse Pool, I really want to follow in his footsteps, how best to book it and at what time of year?

• Reply to: Greg's Flats Fly   5 months 2 weeks ago

If this fly is half as good as I have read about, I am going to have a very successful trip.
    Thanks for sharing the video.

• Reply to: Shrimp anatomy for the fly tyer   5 months 2 weeks ago

I love these fly-tying theory articles. I find them much more useful to my development as a tyer and fisherman than simply memorizing a few specific patterns. Thank you.

• Reply to: Richard Katzman   5 months 3 weeks ago

John,

Use water and soap... simple as that. We have several articles on the site about cleaning materials, but this one should be useful in your case: http://globalflyfisher.com/tie-better/washing-your-materials

• Reply to: Fishy photos: Lukas Bammatter   5 months 3 weeks ago

The fish on the right side seems like a dinosaur! Weird!

May I share the picture on my WhatsApp Group? Thanks!

• Reply to: Taiwanese fly fishing   5 months 3 weeks ago

I know the spotsmenship of fishing should not measured by the size of your catchs, please take time to flyfish Tarpon, trust me you will get hooked.

• Reply to: Richard Katzman   5 months 3 weeks ago

I recently acquired some nice saddle hackle and capes but the previous owner stored them with mothballs. I have kept the material outside for ventilation but the feathers and skin are still very much consumed with the mothball vapors. Before I start using and handling the material I want to get rid of these harmful vapors. Do you have any recommendation on what I should use and the process I should take in cleaning, deoderizing and perseving this material? Thank you.

• Reply to: Hook selection   5 months 3 weeks ago

I use Janns netcraft visual hook guide with actual templates to put your against. I use the fly tying hook sizing chart. it works for me Janns netcraft.com.

• Reply to: Why the drama?   5 months 4 weeks ago

competition on is for the ring, court or politics , I fish with the long rod for the shear mechanics of the sport, winter river fishing is my zen , the staccato of the tree branches in the wind , the soothing murmur of the riffle and if the fishing gods so decide the moaning of my hardy in to the backing in the morning mist that's all I ask for ,,clean water healthy fish and the pleasure of the release for another day.. thank you

• Reply to: Radoslav Kiskinov   5 months 4 weeks ago

Nice post about popular location. I'm currently planning new travel (to Belgium) and this information could be helpful. Thanks! Cheers!

• Reply to: Home made rod tubes   6 months 1 day ago

Nice project idea for winter time!
    I think it worth a little more effort to fix the lid that nice way like the bottom is made.

• Reply to: Picric acid   6 months 1 day ago

Joe,

The substance pricric acid is indeed explosive and considered quite hazardous. It was previously used in munitions and other explosives. So it's not a trivial substance to handle, but people who know how to store and work with it can usually do so quite safely.