• Reply to: 10 rules for C&R   5 months 1 week ago

catch and release is painful, damaging and can spread fish kill via bacteria.
    now, either fish to get the food or just don't fish at all.
    ok?

• Reply to: Ancient Pike Flies   5 months 3 weeks ago
    THX

And thanks, Dave Mcfluffchucker! Was enjoyment for me too, so not hard work at all.. :)

• Reply to: Ancient Pike Flies   5 months 3 weeks ago
    TRY

I tried yesterday the one with peacock eyes, with a little but nice success http://flyfishingczechrepublic.cz/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/PIKE_1.jpg

• Reply to: Staring Sunray Shadow   5 months 3 weeks ago

Jared,

It's a simple hobby knife. One of those that have a blade you slide out and break off one piece at the time to get a new and fresh tip. You can essentially use anything to place the eyes: tweezers, a needle, a knife like here. Whatever you have and what works for you.

• Reply to: Staring Sunray Shadow   5 months 3 weeks ago

What is the tool you are using to apply the eyes?

• Reply to: Do me a favor, kiss your spouse   5 months 3 weeks ago

Martin,

Couldn't agree more! I try to remember one thing and one thing only: happy wife means a happy fisherman. Those honey-do's that are hanging over all of us. I take care of a few of them the week before a trip. I always, always ask my wife if she wants to go. I know she'll say no but I always ask. I also take my son every chance I get.

I've never left her mad...ever. And, if possible I check in while on the trip.

Works for me.

• Reply to: The Mountain Trout   5 months 3 weeks ago

Nice little film. Great scenery, good editing, a group of friends with a shared passion, all enjoying the experience of one of their own catching a good fish. Very atmospheric, and enjoyable.

• Reply to: Narova Foam Beetle   5 months 3 weeks ago

Very nice, I will try brown/cinnamon color for this concept. Thanks Dmitri!

• Reply to: Salmon fishing in south Patagonia   5 months 3 weeks ago

The world record Coho Salmon was caught in New York State, and many hefty Chinooks also. Not as pretty as Patagonia, but airfare and lodging is considerably more reasonable - and the money stays in the States.

• Reply to: Ancient Pike Flies   6 months 4 days ago

Fantastic read thanks for all the hard work

• Reply to: How to tie a blood knot   6 months 1 week ago

The "Infinity Tippet Knot" demonstration is now available on YouTube. I hope to make it available here at GlobalFlyFisher as soon as possible. The video is now online here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=om6GBkh5TsE

• Reply to: Grey Frede   6 months 2 weeks ago

I just caught 7 brown trout here in upstate New York on the Gra Frede, size 8. Thank you Peter, again.