• Reply to: Kola autumn   2 months 3 weeks ago

i ll miss кольский :)

• Reply to: Fly Fishing Snow Day   2 months 3 weeks ago

Great video and even greater stream. Nothing beets winter fishing. Enjoyed it.

• Reply to: Hugh   3 months 3 hours ago

A classic Sunray Shadow has an even longer wing and a hook placed in the absolute front. Some Sunrays are 20-25 centimeters or 4-5 inches long! Still the "short hook, long wing" flies have worked well for ages, and personally I think the fear of "tail nibbling" is vastly exaggerated. Most fish seem to attack with vigor, swallow most of almost any fly and even go for the front of the fly as they charge.

The Sunray Shadow can be seen here:
    And here's a whole article about short hooks and long wings:

The fly in the video barely qualifies as a long winged fly in my eyes, but is very much along the lines and proportions of most of the hair winged salmon flies fished here in Scandinavia.

• Reply to: Hugh   3 months 3 hours ago

The problem with this design is that the hook won’t extentend far enough. It s very likely the fish will attack from the rear and won’t get hooked. Why not just tie a weighted Sunray Shadow using the same material and colors?

• Reply to: After Dinner Mint   3 months 6 days ago

Nice fly. How does it fish?

• Reply to: Hugh   3 months 1 week ago

This tube fly is great. I'm going to tye tube flies.....

• Reply to: Realistic Mysis Shrimp   3 months 3 weeks ago

Awesome looking pattern. I can't wait to try it. How do you fish it in stillwater?

• Reply to: Tom’s complete vise project   3 months 3 weeks ago

I knew that my former colleque from Fokker at Ypenburg, was able to make beautiful things with his machines, but this I have never seen. My very big compliments. And it is worth te price he can get for it. There is no alternative.

• Reply to: Flies into action   3 months 3 weeks ago

This way of presenting flys with a spinning rod by dragging them using a float is certainly nothing new. It has been used in Newfoundland Canada for at least 50 years if not longer and is still being used to catch trout!

• Reply to: A Rio Revuelto final   4 months 6 days ago

This river can not be lost to greed and ignorance.

• Reply to: A Steelhead Quest   4 months 1 week ago

What a wonderful film about steelhead! Full of love for the nature and wild steelhead! Really great people! I wish, I would meet more people like them at the water.... A fantastic film, a must to see! Thank's a lot!

• Reply to: The Chicken or Pasta Fly   4 months 1 week ago