• Reply to: Sydney Opera Mouse   4 months 2 weeks ago

I liked the Sydney opera mouse but it looked like something was missing. I spun three clumps of white deer hair on the hook then trimmed the hair flat on the bottom of the hook,then I tied the foam down at the eye then pulled it over the deer hair and tied the foam down in the back. I tied a narrow piece of leather in the back for a tail. I used 3D craft paint black for eyes,paint brush brissels for whiskers .looks pretty cool can't wait to see how it fishes

• Reply to: Stillwater Squirrel Nymph   4 months 2 weeks ago

link does not work

• Reply to: Sam’s One Bug (S1B)   4 months 3 weeks ago

Than you for posting this video. Dad would be happy that others are still tying his pattern.
    Respectfully,
    Wade Blevins

• Reply to: Wet Flies   4 months 3 weeks ago

I like a lot of your flies, I'm a sea trout fly Fisher so a size 10,8,6 there great

• Reply to: Tom Biesot   4 months 3 weeks ago

Wondering if you would send me an E-mail so I could pick your brain about making my own reel. I work at a machine shop and really want to make my first fly real

• Reply to: Merry Christmas!   5 months 6 hours ago

Would love to see a video of this fly being made!!!!

• Reply to: Hooligan Crab   5 months 1 day ago

Thanks for sharing my crab fly. I've adjusted it a little since the original, originally this was intended for trigger fish which was why I went for the flyliner which triggers can't crush like standard hooks, but this is a difficult hook to drive home. I now tie them on Gamakatsu teflon coated carp hooks which are still pretty resilient against the trigger's teeth but easier to drive home.

Cheers

Martyn

• Reply to: The decline of GFF   5 months 1 day ago

Thank you for being around to read. And more fly tying videos, please.

It's been 40+ degrees c for the last three days here in Adelaide, Australia, and continuing.

• Reply to: The decline of GFF   5 months 2 days ago

Congratulations! A decision growing inside me too. Back to a house, far from Stockholm and all the boring pikes. Back to Öresund?

• Reply to: Meade's crazy flies   5 months 2 weeks ago

:) Funny looking flies. I like them. Thanks for sharing. BK

• Reply to: The Regal mystery   5 months 2 weeks ago

I bought my Regal Vise back in '89, that was before they put the round decal on top of the vise body. I chose Regal as I needed a solid, strong vise. Previously I used a screw type and a lever type, both wore out the tightening mechanism (I tied a whole lotta flies).
    I turned pro in '90 and taught 30 tyers to tie flies (mostly Trout, then Bass flies for a well known outfit in Vermont). I still use the Regal and find the hook hold as good as ever from #22's to #3/0 Blind Eye Spey and Dee hooks. Mine is a clamp model and the only thing I find now is that clamp screw needs tightening on the underside of benchtop now and again.So maybe the Regal bench clamp could be better designed to enable a firmer grip on the bench top.

• Reply to: 20 Years in the Fly Fishing Business   5 months 2 weeks ago

Just wanted to comment about Mike's Badger Creek store. I've been tying for years. Went to fly show in Atlanta. My brother went to rest of the show while I hung out at the Badger Creek stall. I was SO impressed with the quality of material. His necks and capes have now supplanted numerous ones that I accumulated over the years. Great to read the story behind such a quality company. Hope to see ya'll again in february