The Global FlyFisher
Simply the Best Place to go for Online Fly Fishing and Fly Tyinghttp://globalflyfisher.com/pattern/foam-wasp
Published Sep 1. 2015 - 1 year ago
Articles relating to pattern
- Cut a cylinder in to half parts. Cut it on the long side
- Make a small cut into the foam, so the body can be pressed over the hook shank.
- Cover the hook shank with thread.
- Apply some super glue.
- Press the foam body over the hook shank.
- Turn the thread forming a base for legs and wings.
- Tie in 2 pairs of rubber/sili-legs.
- Tie in 2 wings of raffia (make them in advance, folding the raffia double, so they will be equal).
- Tie in a sandy grizzle hackle.
- Turn the hackle.
- Secure the hackle and make the thread go under the foam towards the hook eye.
- Tie down the foam to form a nice little head/mouthpart.
- Tie in 2 goose biots as antennas.
- Ajust the legs.
- Whip finish
Curved dry fly hook, ie. Buyan C870 #10
Foam wasp/bee body
Sandy grizzle hackle
Black goose biots