The Global FlyFisher - The Largest and Best Place to go for Online Fly Fishing and Fly Tying
My very own flybox
My Coastal Saltwater Fly Box for Sea Trout
This is my fly box. The very box that I carry in my chestpack when I go fishing on the Danish coast. It's a hand made Schweitzer mahogany box, if you're interested - the most stylish type of fly box I have ever owned.
The content varies a bit, but the collection is is a more than fair representation of my favorites. Most of the patterns are shown on this site, and you can find them by clicking on the flies in the box. Below you can read my comments on each of the fly patterns in the box.
This box contains the following patterns:
- Yellow Omoe Brush - a variation of the usual red Omoe Brush.
- Double Umbrella - a lightly dressed fly much alike a Big Hole Demon.
- Copper Bully - an extremely simple, durable and effective spring and fall pattern, which does well in unclear and turbulent water as well as on still and clear days.
- Red Tag - need I say more...? Actually yes: this pattern is a well proven classic in any water and a fly I would not be without. The red attractor works on sea trout as on most other species.
- Frede - a Danish fly when they're best. Tied in the Woolly Bugger tradition with all the virtues of the founding father and some good imitation skills.
- Rabbit-in-a-row - a pattern that has a lot of volume. Not a regular in my box, but has taken a couple of fish in the sunset. Its profile makes it a good darkness pattern. The pattern is not yet represented on the site.
- Red Omoe Brush - the real deal, but a bit smaller than the original. Still a very good all round pattern.
- Killer Bug - the simple of simples, but a very good Gammarus imitation for clear water over weed beds.
- Moyerfokker - just a couple. For a rainy day and for the sake of sheer provocation...
|More great articles on The Global FlyFisher|
|These other stories on "Sea Trout Flies - Flies for sea run brown trout" might also interest you:
More about Sea Trout Flies
|A couple of random articles|