The Global FlyFisher
Simply the Best Place to go for Online Fly Fishing and Fly Tyinghttp://globalflyfisher.com/gallery/robin-armstrong
Robin Armstrong is a British painter based in Devon in the UK who paints lifelike watercolors of fish, wildlife and scenes from nature
Robin Armstrong is a British painter based in Devon in the UK, whose lifelike watercolors have been featured in books by himself as well as other authors and whose art is available for purchase in galleries - online as well as physical.
Robin tells us that he sold his first painting already when he was 12, and that he did his first published illustration for the classic English magazine "Creel" when he was 15.
- Well, I also paint other wildlife subjects, but have a special affinity for fish and water. I was a river warden for 15 years, and this brought me very close to my subjects.
Robin has told about this time in his book "The Painted Stream: A River Warden's Life", which was published in 1985, but can still be found in online bookshops.
On the subject of books, he says:
- I have had five solo books published on art and fishing, starting with The Painted Stream in 1985 and the last solo book was Dartmoor River in 2002. But I have made contributions to many other books and magazines.
Robin prefers working with water based paint, but also uses oils. He has also sculpted in bronze. And as he says himself:
- My fish art in particular has a very distinctive and individual style
He's a professional artist, and tells us:
- Art is my main source of income, but I also collect and sell old fishing tackle.
- I am represented by the Wykeham Gallery in Stockbridge on the river Test and by the Jerram Gallery in Sherbourne. My website is www.robinarmstrong.co.uk. Paintings can be purchased and commissions can be made on this site. Any other inquiries can be directed to my email email@example.com. All these details are on the site.