The Global FlyFisher
Simply the Best Place to go for Online Fly Fishing and Fly Tyinghttp://globalflyfisher.com/patterns/coney-snowbugger
The albino version of the Woolly Bugger
The sliver cone and dubbing brush gills
This streamer fly is actually a variation of the well-known Woolly Bugger. It imitates a small baitfish.
Additonal weight can be added to this fly by wrapping leadwire on the shank of the hook.
This fly can also be tied in a lighter version by replacing the Fly Head by Sparkle Dubbing Brush Silver.
|Hook||TIEMCO 5263 size 2 or 4|
|Cone||Fly Head 5/32" (Bestco)|
|Thread||Black 10/0 or 12/0|
|Tail||White marabou with a few strands of Pearl Crystal Flash|
|Rib||Silver Wire SM (UNI-Thread)|
|Body||Crystal or Ice Chenille|
|Body hackle||White schlappen|
|Gills||Red Dubbing Brush (Siman)|
- Shove conehead over the hook up to the eye.
- Tie in a white Schlappen feather behind the conehead.
- Cover the hookshank with tying thread to a point just above thebarb.
- Tie in the Marabou feather for the tail and put a few strands ofCrystal Flash on top.
- Tie in the Silver wire for the ribbing foolowed by the chenille.
- Cover hookshank with leadwire (optional).
- Wrap a chenille body to a point just behind where the whiteSchlappen is tied in.
- Hackle the body with the Schlappen feather and tie down the tip ofthe feather with the silver wire.
- Rib the body, carefully 'weaving' the silver wire through thebodyhackle, and tie off the wire.
- Tie in a strand of red Dubbing Brush and make a few wraps in frontof the white hackle.