Soft hackle wet w/split thread rib

A very simple and beautiful soft hackle wet fly with a dubbed split thread rib and thorax.
Hans Weilenmann
Martin Joergensen
Your rating: None Average: 4.7 (3 votes)

More videos by Hans Weilenmann

User comments
GFF staff comment
From: Martin Joergensen · martin·at·  Link
Submitted February 8th 2012


I can answer that. Hans uses electronics clips, which are normally used to grab on to wires when you are measuring electronic circuits. They are available in Radio Schack and similar electronics stores and you usually get at least 10 for the price of one cheap hackle plier. And in happy colors!

Look for Mini-clips, Test Clips, Mini-grabbers, Jumper grabbers, Mini Hook Clips (yes, they go by many names!).


From: jan - Full name and email anonymized  Link
Submitted February 7th 2012

Hi Hans or anybody who can answer my question!

First, fine tying and nice fly, thanks.
What kind of hackle plier is used here, seems to work great with such small feathers?

All the best


Want to comment this page? Fill out the form below.
Only comments
in English
are accepted!

Comentarios en Ingles
solamente, por favor!

Your name Your email
Anonymize my information. Name and email will not be shown with comment.
Notify me on new comments to this article on the above email-address.
You don't have to comment to start or stop notifications.

All comments will be screened by the GFF staff before publication.
No HTML, images, ads or links, please - we do not publish such comments...
And only English language comments will be published.
Name and email is optional but recommended.
The email will be shown in a disguised form in the final comment to protect you against spam
You can see other public comments on this page