The Global FlyFisher
Simply the Best Place to go for Online Fly Fishing and Fly Tyinghttp://globalflyfisher.com/about/gff-summit-2008
GFF Summit 2008
Yes! It's that time again!
I have started the preparations for the Global FlyFisher Summit 2008, and already invited the previous participants through a private mail. I decided to put them first in line for the gathering this year.
But the line is now open for everybody. The number of participants will be limited to 40, and as you can see there's good number signed up already. We were about 35 last year, and I don't want this to grow much larger.
This is the plan:
- Date/time: the weekend September 12th-14th, late Friday to late Sunday. Fishing Friday is also possible.
- Fishing: mainly coastal, we have access to lots of good water like the previous years, but there are many options - also lakes and streams.
- Acommodation: Odense Danhostel as last year, two nights, 8-bed rooms (or double/single rooms at a surcharge, see below).
- Catering: breakfast Saturday and Sunday, lunch packs Saturday and Sunday, "modest" dinner Friday, full dinner with wine and coffee Saturday.
- Transport: not included. You arrange this yourself. Sharing cars is very possible - and recommended.
I have added a dinner at the hostel Friday night so that we won't have to hunt the city for a place that can take 40 guests.
The price will be about 120 Euros for the standard package - a smaller room will run you about 20/30 (double/single) Euros more per night.
Payment will be done through PayPal or bank transfer to my bank account. There will be NO cash payment on arrival. I have to pay the hostel in advance, and will not put up such a large sum of money with no guarantee of reimbursement. When payment is due, I will mail the payment details to the people who sign up.
The deadline has passed, and the list of participants for the event has been closed.
You can discuss the event in the Summit-forum.
Below you see a list of the people commited to participate.
And you can read more about this year's Summit in the blog.
I don't know whether I... eh, Vanuz will have T-shirts made this year. Might happen. Other ideas for freebies etc. just let me know.