Facts about the Global FlyFisher
Published Nov 27th 2011
This is page has been put together to give you an impression of what the Global FlyFisher is.
The site is run by me: Martin Joergensen, a Danish fly angler, aided by three partners, Bob Petti and Steve Schweitzer from the US and Kasper Mühlbach from Denmark as well as a large group of outside contributors.
The Global FlyFisher is a privately run web site, which has no ads or sponsors and no sources of income, but is run as a work of love at our own expenses. We all have full time jobs, and both our own material and that from outside contributors is done as unpaid work.
We serve internationally flavored fly fishing related content to the whole world. The site contains more than 2,000 articles and more than 30,000 pictures. Our contributors come from all over the globe - pros and amateurs, seasoned writers and beginners.
We feature all things fly fishing and fly tying related like pattern recipes, fishing and gear advice, book and DVD reviews, videos and much more.
We serve more than one and a half a million pages a monthWe are a high traffic web site (at least for a fly-fishing site):
- We have 6-10,000 unique visitors a day
- We have 250-300,000 visits a month
- We serve more than one and a half a million pages a month
- A typical article is seen several hundred times a day when it's published
- Our most viewed articles have been seen 20-50,000 times (see more numbers here)
We're always on the lookout for new ideas, new content and new contributors, so feel free to contact us if you have something fly fishing related on your heart. We're also interested in working with authors, film makers, artists and other people who produce relevant material.
Some graphs for the last couple of years for those who want numbers. The numbers are taken directly from our Hostgator server stats. Latest months are at the top. The reason for the drop in traffic in the spring months is simply the start of the fishing season in the northern hemisphere. As soon as people can get out to fish, they surf less! And the disastrous July 2011 was due to another period with the server blues. We had severe technical problems, had to move to a new server, reprogram our system and had long periods of downtime.
Visits per month
Average unique visits per day
Pages served per month
Pages served per day
And while we're looking at numbers:
If we try to predict some 2012-numbers based on the latest 6-12 months, the coming year will be a year with about 3 million individual viewing sessions covering about 17 million pages... pretty hefty.
February 2012 was our best month ever, and based on that alone the numbers will be more like 3.5 million sessions covering 23 million pages. Amazing!
We will do our best to serve the best possible content to all these people.
- 2010 on GFF. Published January 1st 2011
- GFF heartbeat. Published January 1st 2009
- A decade with GFF. Published July 12th 2005
- GFF partner Martin Joergensen, Denmark. Published January 1st 2001
- Kasper Mühlbach, Denmark. Published January 1st 2001
- GFF partner Bob Petti, USA. Published January 1st 2001
- GFF partner Bob Skehan. Published January 1st 2001
- GFF partner Steve Schweitzer. Published January 1st 2001
- Behind GFF. Published January 1st 2000
More stuff to look at on The Global FlyFisher
|A few random articles for your entertainment|