• Reply to: Boot Blues   17 years 3 months ago

You haven't tried L. L. Bean aquastealth studded?

• Reply to: Boot Blues   17 years 3 months ago

I am a Yank who lives and fly-fishes the western U.S almost for thirty years now. The rivers and streams are rough, tough, and brawling. Sometimes I even have to use chains, and always I use a wading staff and do not take chances while wading. My wading boot? Weinbrenner's original Borger Boot - made by a commercial work boot manufacturer. They are heavy, felt soled with studs and a protected box toe! Not made for dainty spring creeks. But, they last for years without any bruised ankles!

• Reply to: Paul Barkers 15lb Mackera...   17 years 3 months ago

Paul & I chased several schools of these fish from a 12' punt for weeks to perfect the technique. We caught many fish up to 17lb on tippets down to 6lb. Paul took the cover photo with a borrowed a 2 1/4" square camera. This took an hour to set up. In the meantime the tide had gone out and I had to simulate wavelets with buckets of water.

• Reply to: Fins   17 years 3 months ago

Percas,

Thanks! Very kind of you!

• Reply to: Fins   17 years 3 months ago

Martin, Kasper & Henning you are very good photographers, when I look at your photos...good light..:-)

• Reply to: Tails   17 years 3 months ago

Carlos,

I have now created a REAL wallpaper from the Rosy sheen picture. And our first that comes in 1200*1600 pixels too. Find it in the wallpaper section.

• Reply to: Paul Barkers 15lb Mackera...   17 years 3 months ago

That's nostalgia for you! A really nice picture, actually. I gather that you didn't take it yourself, Dave?

• Reply to: Scales of chub   17 years 3 months ago

The texture and composition is fantastic! Each scale looks like an individual moth. great work

• Reply to: Tails   17 years 3 months ago

Our hosts at GFF have some kind of "fetish" with fish tails!!
    Serously, they are the first people who discover the beauty of fish tails. One of those photographs, the above called Rosy sheen, have been my wallpaper since it appears for the first time at GFF.
    Great photos!

• Reply to: A decade with GFF   2 years 11 months ago

Your blog is very interesting

• Reply to: Jungle Cock Repair   17 years 3 months ago

Very informative, enjoyable reading, know lots more than before.

• Reply to: Fishing in the sun   17 years 3 months ago

Absolutely spot-on. I like it!