• Reply to: Three strikes...   1 week 8 hours ago

That you for restoring me as a subscriber

• Reply to: The Searunners   1 week 2 days ago

Great article thanks. Check out my blog fly-fishing the world.blogspot.com for similar NZ stories! I live in Christchurch New Zealand

• Reply to: Brahma Bugger   1 month 1 week ago

Popsical = fly patthern.
    ”...resembles a wooly bugger” :) Now, Now, Now! Not with a wolly bugger. May be with a Popsical, as I said.

• Reply to: Brahma Bugger   1 month 1 week ago

Not sure what you mean by a popsicle, but if you mean that its a tasty sweet snack for trout, then you are absolutely right! LOL. And it is not a wooly bugger your right. I said its "better than a wooly bugger" not that it is a variation of a wooly bugger or one in itself. The man who created it called it a brahma bugger, I guess because it resembles a wooly bugger? Not sure. I didn't name the fly. HAHA.

• Reply to: Brahma Bugger   1 month 1 week ago

Is not a wolly bugger. Sorry! :)
    It is a Popsicle.

• Reply to: Olive and Partridge Soft Hackle   1 month 3 weeks ago

Great combination of materials, good and simple pattern to tie, I wait be also affective with the trouts....

• Reply to: Not a single cast   2 months 5 days ago

Katrine, Eric and Noe,

Thank you all for your kind comments. I'm glad you enjoyed my little piece. I hope my writing will enable you as well as others to look at fishing in a perspective, which isn't just trophy hunting and pursuing the next and bigger fish or longer cast, but also remember to stop and enjoy life, nature, company, sights and smells. I have certainly learned to do so - the hard way, but still.

and Noe, regarding a cure for my disease, I surely live in the hope, but have long ago learned not to live my life expecting to be cured. It might happen, but then again it might not. I prepare for the worst and hope for the best - but remember to live while doing it.

• Reply to: Not a single cast   2 months 5 days ago

Dear Martin:

I am a new fly fisherman (if I can say that, as I am by no means good at it...). After my wife's Dad died several years ago, I inherited some conventional fishing gear and my wife (who fished with her Dad as a little girl) started teaching me what she had learnt. Two years ago I took a fly casting lesson and was hooked. Now I fly fish exclusively (and just recently started tying my own flies) and have found the poetic allure of the art of fly fishing.

I am also a Lab Animal Medicine Veterinarian specialized in research animal health and welfare and every day I read about exciting research looking into the disease mechanisms of many ailments that affect people (and pets). Obesity, cardiovascular disease, cancer...and I am hopeful that some day patients around the world will have a cure for so many devastating diseases including MS.

I sympathize with you and hope that these cures will be available to all sooner rather than later so everyone can fish, run, play their favorite instrument, see their daughters get married...

With admiration and much hope for you and all those who step up to the challenges that life brings and live to the fullest extent.

Noe

• Reply to: Not a single cast   2 months 2 weeks ago

Martin - I have been lurking on this site for quite a while and it is my first post. I want to thank you for this beautiful odd to "being out there". I see way too many fishermen complaining about the quality of the fishing or the size of the prize. I just came back from 2 weeks in the northwest US and been catching an releasing 6 to 10" rainbows as the steelheads were not really cooperating due to low water levels and extreme heat. I am a saltwater fly fisher on the Texas and Louisiana coast used to larger fish. What an exhilarating experience just to be on the water and enjoying the moment. I can not recall a better fishing trip with family around ... thanks to reminding us that it is not all about fishing but "connecting" with everything and everyone around us. As Katrine said, touched .....

• Reply to: Twined or furled leaders   2 months 2 weeks ago

I also make them with 6/0 tying thread for dry fly fishing. I use a micro ring at the end and an integrated loop at the butt. Mostly olive, sometimes with brown for more "camo",haha. With a long tippet the trout don't seem to mind. These leaders turn over beautifully and float all day when treated with Mucillin. And zero memory.

• Reply to: Pro Easy Shrimp   3 months 5 days ago

Chris,

We don't sell anything. But try contacting Daniel who made the video. He's found on https://www.flytying.eu/

• Reply to: Pro Easy Shrimp   3 months 5 days ago

Do you sell the pre tied pink shrimp?