• Reply to: Foam Body Unsinkable Olive Elk Hair Caddis   1 week 5 days ago

Very nice and eficient fly
    Albert

• Reply to: Twined or furled leaders   2 weeks 2 days ago

Hi , this might be a long shot but I’m looking to get in touch with a mr Ian Warrilow who made a comment on this post please.
    I bought a used 2 piece fly rod with his name and date the rod was built on it in 92 . It’s a beautiful rod that he built but would like some more information on the rod .

Many thanks
    Spencer

• Reply to: Green Highlander   2 weeks 2 days ago

Dear Steve, ... please enlighten me, which of the original components of Green Higlander, which in 2014 celebrated 100 years since its public appearance in Dr. Pryce Tannatt's book, ”How to Dress Salmon Flies” (1914), -Did you keep it very close to the original, so that what you present to us here can be entitled to bear this name of honor? If you ask me, none, ... and what I see is a variation on the green theme, which to prevent it from getting lost in the grass on the river bank, has a little orange and a yellow hackel. Please, below, on the GFF home page, you have the pictures of a Green Higlander that respects the proportions and components of the original. After comparing what you presented with what you see in those pictures, please come back and give me an answer.

• Reply to: Fly tying lamps   2 weeks 3 days ago

Recently saw this video on Youtube illustrating how to make a flex arm lamp using a LED panel: it's surprisingly inexpensive. https://youtu.be/JL3uZ88vA_0
    I've filed this on away just in case; my 30 year old Giraffe lamp with an LED bulb is still a terrific light source and no where near the end of its useful life.

• Reply to: Trevor Morgan   2 weeks 3 days ago

I know it’s a long shot, but I seriously love the Trevor Morgan fly lines I have. I really want to buy more. Nobody has found him or a source for his lines have you?

• Reply to: Hot melt glue   2 weeks 4 days ago

I’d say it is in general between 110°C/230°F and 200°C/392°F. When I tie flies with hot glue, I normally prefer as high temperature as possible, when I purchase a hot glue gun it should be rated 220°C/428°F to 230°C/446°F. But there is a big difference in melting temperatures of commonly available hot/melt glues and how runny the get at a given temperature. I used to tie/make shrimp flies for the salt with hot glue combined with "Super hair" or "Ultra hair". It was a quicker and practical alternative to epoxy, that always set without sticky surface, smell and the melt glue on its on actually floats, which i not a bad thing for lot's of fly designs.

• Reply to: Muddler   3 weeks 1 day ago

A very nicely done video. Beautifully photographed and displayed. Speaking is not necessary unless there is a special tecnique that requires some explanation. I always like to see a list of materials in tying videos. Keep up the good work.

• Reply to: Alan (Alberta Al) Grombacher   1 month 1 week ago

Personally contact me, please.

Vern

• Reply to: Thunder & Lightning   1 month 2 weeks ago

@flytyer57
    Why do you think I started this Thunder & Lightening discussion? A demonstration of how smart I am? I guarantee you that the answer is NO! I don't think I need to prove anything to you. ... and then I ask you again, why? I was waiting for a concrete reaction from you, which would materialize in something visible, but maybe you didn't understand why I commented. Maybe now you understand that I tried to suggest something with my intervention. :)

• Reply to: Streamers 365 joins the Global FlyFisher!   1 month 3 weeks ago

Tom,

It was an offer I couldn't resist as it's said in a famous film...

When Darren reached out there wasn't much doubt in my mind, and even though the conversion was a fairly tough job, the result is great, and a valuable resource is preserved online.

• Reply to: Streamers 365 joins the Global FlyFisher!   1 month 3 weeks ago

Hello Martin: I think this is wonderful that you undertook this colossal merger and helped preserve all this beautiful information and keep it accessible for all of us. Thank you very, very much!
    Tom

• Reply to: Trevor Morgan   2 months 2 weeks ago

Dan,

I have no idea where to find Trevor Morgan's Javelin lines these days. I have lost contact with him many years ago, and can't find anywhere online where they are sold.

Sorry to be of so little help, but it seems like a dead end.