• Reply to: Russian Wasp   1 year 2 months ago

Can you please let me know what size foam and where you got it from? also, what type of glue are you using to hold the foam together please.

• Reply to: Cutcliffe’s Wet Fly Formula   1 year 2 months ago

I love this type of flies, specifically this pattern I did not know, so it will surely be part of my fishing box next season. Thank you very much for sharing. A hug from Patagonia Argentina

Me encantan este tipo de moscas, específicamente este patrón no lo conocía, así que seguramente será parte de mí caja de pesca en la próxima temporada. Muchas gracias por compartir. Un abrazo desde la Patagonia Argentina

• Reply to: GFF Survived!   1 year 2 months ago

Hi Martin
    Sorry to hear about you having Covid19 but I'm glad that you are on the road to recovery. My daily fix of GGF is always such a mix of recent and archived articles that I don't think I really noticed a reduction in new articles lately. Anyways, thanks as always for your wonderful work and all the best for a full and speedy recovery.

• Reply to: GFF Survived!   1 year 2 months ago

Good hear that you are on the mend Martin. Stay positive!
    John

• Reply to: GFF Survived!   1 year 2 months ago

Good to hear that you're back at it Martin. GFF is such a big part of my online reading and you've done an absolute great job at it over the years. Here's to your good health!

• Reply to: GFF Survived!   1 year 2 months ago

Martin,
    So glad to hear you are recovering! I am sure that I am just one among many who appreciate what you have created here and painstakingly maintained over the years. Thank you, and hope you are back to full strength soon, friend!
    JK

• Reply to: Mullet   1 year 4 months ago

Jeff,

That's a nice looking little baitfish. That would be able to catch a lot of different species.

• Reply to: Pink Floyd   1 year 4 months ago

This is a very effective pattern for landlocked salmon. It’s origin is from the Moosehead Lake Region here in Maine I believe. I’ve used it with great success in many areas of Maine. Beautiful tie.

• Reply to: Spring Time Chub   1 year 5 months ago
    wow

Wow, that was a very nice video to watch. I love chasing chub with dry flies and this is a great example of the amount of fun you can have doing so. Thanks for sharing this video! Can you share which river this is? Or is that a secret?

• Reply to: Copyright policy   1 year 5 months ago

Patty,

You are welcome to use the images as inspiration for your paintings. I see no problems in that as long as you don't blatantly copy the photos onto paintings and start selling them. Most of the flies are tied from generally available pattern descriptions anyway.

If you would share some on the finished pictures, it would be great!

• Reply to: Copyright policy   1 year 5 months ago

The flies are amazingly beautiful and I would love to paint some of them if I can get permission to do so. It would be greatly appreciated.

• Reply to: Tom's Line Winder   1 year 5 months ago

I was looking at these pieces and being the owner of some fairly large hole saws I thought that a easy to make the pieces would be to simply use what is normally the waste from when you cut a hole and use them for the round pieces for this project. They will have the same size hole and will be perfectly round. You can then use a bolt the same size as the hole for the axle. If you use a backer board when you cut the circles you should get fairly smooth edges.